|First Appearance:||I, Darrin, Take This Witch, Samantha|
|Last Appearance:||The Truth, Nothing but the Truth, So Help Me Sam|
|Specialty:|| Witchcraft |
|Occupation:|| Heads a witches committee that tested Tabitha and Adam's power |
Chaired the Witches Convention in Salem
|Family:|| Arthur (brother) |
Hagatha and Enchantra (sisters)
Tabitha Stephens (granddaughter)
Adam Stephens (grandson)
|Relatives:|| Clara (sister in law) |
Cousin Henry (nephew)
Cousin Edgar (nephew)
Endora is the witch mother of Samantha Stephens. Endora loathes mortals, and disapproves of Darrin, as do many of she and Samantha's relatives. It is revealed that she was an only child before Uncle Arthur was born. Because of this fact, it's actually extremely doubtful that Hagatha and Enchantra were Endora's sisters.
Endora refuses to even use Darrin's name, alternatively calling him "Durwood," "What's-his-name," "Darwin," "Dum-Dum," etc.., all much to his annoyance. She refers to him as "Darrin" only eight times during the entire series.
The age of Endora is a question that is never answered directly, but on many occasions a reference is made to a time of birth, or to someone from history who Endora knew.
- She makes reference to having known Diogenes (400 BC)
- She makes reference to having known Julius Caesar.
- She says she cooked for the Roman Emperor, Claudius.
- She makes reference to having known Helen of Troy (1180 BC).
- Serena tells Phyllis that Endora admits to 1000.
- Arthur says she's over 4000.
- Maurice says he and Endora knew Atilla the Hun (450 AD).
- Endora says she has changed her mind many times in 3000 years.
- Endora states she dated Otzie the ice man (3500 BC).
- She made a deal with Carlotta in the Middle Ages
On the Other Hand
- Endora says she went to Shakespeare's plays as a little girl.
- Endora refers to being a child bride when Samantha was born.
- Endora says again she was a child bride. This time she defines it as being in 1670.
- Endora says she was not born at the time of King Henry VIII (1570).